Monday, August 06, 2007

Sabbath in the park

Sunday Morgan & I cut out for a couple of hours to explore the park scene here in Wilmore. We're all adjusting again to life in the shire (JD's wilmore synonym), and "outside" time simply must be woven into Morgan's schedule! She really likes a little dirt on her face, which must make her feel like she's gotten the good out of the day.


We had a great time getting sweaty and dirty in the Kentucky humidity, then proceeded to Clucker's for some Ale 8 & juice to cool down a little. It's rare with Morgan to spend a few hours with not a lot of words, but that's kind of what we did; we played hard, laughed/screamed, and were quiet for a while. I was really grateful for the chance to spend the sabbath that way...quiet, playful, and waiting.

As I watch Morgan's love for the outdoors grow, I realize how much i miss waking up 50 yards from a tack room and the gate to the horse pasture. I wished today that i could have saddled Biscuit and let her ride around for awhile. The smells and sounds seem all too real and i guess on Morgan's behalf I just missed them today...that's all.

Well, it's off to bed for me. Amberly and I have been trading out on the midnight and six a.m. feedings/meds, and i've been taking the 6 so it's time for some sleep. I've been wanting to get the blog cranked up and never know where to start...so here's a shot.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean; it isn't easy being away from the outdoors of back home. And thanks for the encouragement. I hope I can see parenting as participating in Creation during a.m. feedings!

P.S. May I link your blog on my page?

Brittany Strebeck said...

that's my girl... lovin the outdoors :)

Anonymous said...

Well said.