Sunday, September 03, 2006

It's only fitting...

In this world of blogging (that i had not previously entered), it seems hard to know where to start. I always feel this way with a new journal too. Am I waiting for the "perfect day" to blog about or the perfect setting? Anyways...

I chose today's story to begin my blog because it's funny, you'll appreciate it, and because i had a little time. It's only fitting that my 1st blog involves coffee and Morgan...2 of my great loves, right? As Amberly & i were drinking coffee and sharing the morning together, Morgan began to participate in our conversation (she does this in all sorts of creative ways!) by climbing up on the couch with us and on us while reaching for our coffee cups. We, being the proactive parents that we are, thought "we'll just let her try some and after tasting she won't want it any more." We decided against Amber's cup because she puts sugar and cream in hers and we figured it wouldn't be as "nasty" as mine (black.) After my cup had cooled for a moment longer, we let the trial begin. She grabbed the cup in anticipation, took a sip, then another, then..."ooooh, I like this Dada" was written all over her face! I even caught some "after evidence" on camera.



So...so much for the "let her taste it to keep her away from it" theory. I guess this means Morgan and I will be all set for conversations over coffee when she's older.

2 comments:

FB said...

Nice to begin a blog with a cup of coffee :) You did it, I really appreciated reading your very first post. keep ahead :)
Rabah Qial

Safety Pup said...

that's awesome, at least it was not expresso... I really miss the little coffe shop in nawlins